Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thrifting Success

This weekend I made the trek out to Gardendale to a fantastic flea mall - 2 floors jam packed with treasures.  I snagged a mid-century-ish orange chair for only $15.  We originally had this dusty green chair in the corner of the guest room.


I love the shape, but the green did get lost against the wall colour, so its nice to add a pop of contrast.  Mo seems to like it too.  The green chair now has a new home in the other guest room - also known as home of the lost furniture.  It's such a mish mash in there that at some point I'm going to have to put some serious time and effort into bringing together.


Next up was this magazine rack for a crisp $18. 

 
You can see the great shape better from the side.
 
 
How could I not love the top with its geometric pattern.  It reminded me of something you'd find in Urban Outfitters.


I also picked up a couple of glass bottles and some wall sconces that have made the spray painting list. 
 
Kate
xxx




Furniture Feature Fridays

2 comments:

  1. Those are great finds, I would probably spray paint the little table as well. It would look really cute done in two different colors for instance black or silver on the sides and the top design would pop with white or another bright color. Love the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small world. I live in Sylacaug, AL...about 40 miles southeast of Birmingham...when you mentioned Gardendale, I immediately went and read about YOU> Love the reddish orange chair...love Urban Suburban as well... Would love for you to follow me since we are Alabamians.
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete