Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I'm a candle

In the Christmas clearance shop-a-thon, I picked up this little candle from HomeGoods.

It was just a couple of dollars and smells amazing.  The only thing was the ugly festive pine cone pic on the front.  Luckily it was just a sticker that I could peel off easily (easier than the price ticket was to peel off - thanks HomeGoods, a little less sticky goop next time please!).

But when the sticker was gone the candle was very plane and in desperate need of something to jazz it up a bit.

I looked around Michaels for some sort of decal.  I thought about a simple monogram or maybe a boarder around the top and bottom, but settled on some basic alphabet stickers.  I wasn't sure what I was going to spell out but really liked the font:


Now for what to put on the candle.  Hmmm, I got nothing!  Seriously, for about an hour the best we could come up with was "I'm a candle", but then the puns slowly started coming, and we couldn't stop.  Light my fire, get fired up, light up, fire starter, see the light, lights out, great balls of fire.  Ok, so we drew the line at great balls of fire, and opted for "Got a Light?" 

 
We have a lot of storms and power cuts in the south, so this will definitely come in handy.
 
Kate
xxx
 
See other Crafty projects HERE
 



shabby creek cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment